Yesterday we had a really nice hackathon were people had the opportunity to test their apps on the latest and most powerful Android mobile available currently, the Samsung Galaxy S3. Thanks to the Samsung App Challenge who provided two S3 for the Android Aalto community to use.
We will bring those two Samsung S3 in every hackathon so you can test with them and discover the new things introduced in the Android 4.0 Platform.
Wouldn’t it be nice that you could test with one Samsung Galaxy S3 anytime and anywhere? Then this is your opportunity, thanks to Samsung App Challenge the two best apps/ideas developed by you will be given one Samsung Galaxy S3 each.
- How to participate?
- It’s pretty easy. You can prepare an app (doesn’t need to be finished at all) and explain in a few sentences (slides and/or youtube video) what it is about and why you deserve the Samsung Galaxy S3. If you are not tech savvy enough or you don’t have time to develop an initial app you can also submit your idea explaining it (using some appealing format, e.g. slides/youtube video).
- Who can participate?
- The only requirement is that you have a valid Finnish address where the device can be sent.
- What’s the deadline?
- You have until Wednesday 20th June at 17:00:00 (Helsinki timezone) to send links to your material to firstname.lastname@example.org (we can’t host all the material so please send a link to a public URL that anybody can access).
- Who is the jury?
- The jury will be the Android Aalto community itself!! Some time after the deadline (remember: 20.6.2012 at 17:00) we will publish a poll to our Android Aalto Facebook group where the members will be able to vote the different submissions.
- Other important details:
- When sending us the information you must include your full name, e-mail, phone, your Facebook page link (or G+, or twitter). Although you can submit several apps/ideas only one device will be given to the same person.
In case of tie the winner is the one who sent the material earlier.
- Important recommendations:
- Keep in mind that all the members of the Android Aalto Facebook group will be able to vote so we recommend you to make it really easy for them to use/understand your app/idea so they like it and vote for it. For example, if you have an app it would be great if it’s already in the market (contact us: email@example.com and we can try to publish it through our Google play account) or they can download the apk from somewhere else.